For far too long, development has left some people behind. I believe we can grow Peoria, balance the city budget, and take the environment and wellbeing of all of our community into consideration.
Environmental Sustainability – ensuring current and future generations have a healthy environment
- Create Environmental Sustainability Goals – the City of Peoria has never committed to goals around environmental sustainability; we have an opportunity to define how we conserve our land in order to best serve today’s and future generations
- Support Environmental Sustainability Policies – that make the city’s practices and ordinances incentivize sustainability
- Support Environmental Sustainability Initiatives – City Hall can’t go it alone; I will support other community sustainability initiatives so the entire Peoria area is working together.
Sustainable Development – reinvesting in the land and homes that are already part of our city
- Support the creation of a Land Bank – Land banks are governmental entities or nonprofit corporations that are focused on the conversion of vacant, abandoned, and tax delinquent properties into productive use.
- Make it harder for properties to sit vacant – Support policies that make it harder for developers to speculate on commercial properties or for absent landlords to let homes sit vacant
Sustainable Growth – growing our population and taxbase
- Support migration and immigration – enact policies and programs that encourage migration within the US to move to Peoria as well as immigrants